How to Grow Marihuana Outdoors
Growing marijuana is a practice that has gained popularity in the population. Whatever the purpose for which it is done, having their own weed plantation is something that many people want to achieve. Like any type of crop, this is one that can be done both indoors and outdoors and in both cases, the most important step is to analyze the conditions of the place in which it is located and the environment in which it is planned to plant. So, to achieve a good crop of weed, we give you the following tips.
- Cultivate safely and consciously. It is not advisable to plant in a public place or in the sight of others for two reasons; the first one is that many consider this an illegal practice and the second one is that you can be victim of theft if your harvest is not very discreet.
- Choose a good starting point. To plant weed, special seeds or part of the stem of an already grown plant are used, for that reason, we should try to select them from a harvest that has evolved well and has given good results to produce our cannabis correctly.
- If you work from shoots, verify that they are already suitable to be transplanted to the ground. A common mistake is to plant early, so it is recommended to carefully observe the plant before carrying out this process.
- Analyze the climate of the area in which you are going to plant. It is important to know the intensity of the sun’s rays and even the humidity of the space where the plant will grow, this will determine how we should make and maintain the crop.
- The water you use to irrigate must be in good condition. Marijuana is a plant that does not require high amounts of water and can be affected if it is more or less salty than it needs. To control this, it is recommended to constantly measure the electroconductivity and thus control the concentration of salts.
- Adjust the pH. The level of acidity in relation to water and soil is of utmost importance when working with this type of plants. Generally, it is recommended to maintain the PH level between 5.8 and 6.3.
- Prune the plants constantly. When grown outdoors, the plant grows stronger towards the sun, which leaves its stem or lower branches very weak in some cases. To do this, it is advisable to use thin-cut scissors and perform pruning regularly to improve the size of the plant progressively.
- Watch that your crop is not a victim of pests and insects such as whitefly, thrips and red spider. This is the main disadvantage of sowing outdoors because the plants are very exposed, which increases the possibility of suffering the presence of these unwanted elements.
- Wash the roots to remove accumulated salts excess from the substrate. In addition to this, it is also important to know what type of fertilizer is being worked with and to avoid those that have a high amount of minerals.
- Dry the marijuana. After this is plant, cultivated and watered; it must be dried in order to carry out its cure.
Remember that the maintenance process is as important as the rest so, if you plant weed and then you stop paying attention to it, you can lose the whole harvest since it is a plant that requires a lot of care.